The 2023 Met Gala was a star-studded event that took place on Monday, May 1 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The theme of the gala was “In Honor of Karl,” a tribute to the late fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld.
A-listers from all over the world descended upon the museum to celebrate Lagerfeld’s life and work. Some of the biggest names in attendance included Rihanna, Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian, and Beyoncé.
The celebrities all dressed to the nines for the occasion, with many of them wearing custom-made gowns and suits by some of the world’s most famous designers. Rihanna wore a stunning yellow gown by Guo Pei, while Blake Lively wore a flowing pink gown by Versace. Kim Kardashian wore a skin-tight black dress by Thierry Mugler, and Beyoncé wore a sparkling gold gown by Atelier Versace.
The gala was also a chance for celebrities to show off their philanthropy. Many of the attendees wore accessories that were designed to raise awareness for various causes, such as AIDS research and environmental protection.
The 2023 Met Gala was a night to remember, and it was a fitting tribute to the late Karl Lagerfeld. The event was a celebration of fashion, philanthropy, and the power of creativity.
Here are some of the best looks from the 2023 Met Gala:
- Rihanna in a yellow Guo Pei gown
- Blake Lively in a pink Versace gown
- Kim Kardashian in a black Thierry Mugler dress
- Beyoncé in a gold Atelier Versace gown
- Jared Leto in a full-body costume of Karl Lagerfeld’s cat, Choupette
- Billie Eilish in a custom-made Gucci gown
- Olivia Rodrigo in a black Saint Laurent dress
- Timothée Chalamet in a Louis Vuitton suit
- Zendaya in a custom-made Valentino gown
- Kendall Jenner in a white Off-White dress
- Gigi Hadid in a black Versace gown
The 2023 Met Gala was a night of glamour, fashion, and philanthropy. It was a fitting tribute to the late Karl Lagerfeld, and it showed the world that fashion can be a powerful force for good.